and I am pleased to say without much trouble or sad thoughts.
I had not too many headaches in the afternoon, good sleeps (although one night I dreamt I smoked siggies and drank alcohol). actually i find it amazing how nice it is to wake up with a clear head and not having this underlying nausea. how many fucking times did I woke up that way?! how many fucking times I went to work half drunk, being very aware of it and hiding from colleagues?!
some other interesting observations
- time! I’ve got so much time. came home on Friday night and after a cuddle session with the cat i started cleaning kitchen drawers. on Friday;
- instead of rushing home after work I stopped twice at the sea this week and had a lovely refreshing renewing dive in the sea;
- one night I made a long walk which cleared my headache;
- so far I told four people I am cutting down for a while because i’m drinking too much. two of them said “oooh, but you can just have one can’t you, it is just all about controlling it (yeah duh)” and one of those even came by at my place with a bottle of wine and asked me if I wanted a little drink! in hindsight I am a bit angry about that. my new story is I’m doing the 100-day challenge (…am I?);
- that same person – who is a sort-of-ex-but-not-really – is suddenly in contact after sort-of-breaking-up with me over two months ago. he is a drinker, smoker and has not proven to be reliable. why am I letting him in?;
- my very best friend who lives far away and gave me a hard time about drinking last time she stayed with me for about two weeks, is very proud of me. she’s one of the ones that knows I am a bad can-not-stop-drinking-once-started person so I appreciate her comments highly.
and now it is weekend. many things that I could do and I haven’t made up my mind. am sure that cleaning will be a part of it as I really want to get rid of clutter and dirtiness. and walking. and maybe a movie. and visiting one of my drink buddies to tell her the news.
have a great weekend xx